SPICY BAKED APPLES WITH RUM-SOAKED RAISINS AND CRÈME ANGLAISE
- Soak the raisins in the rum.
- Prepare and light your COBB Cooker with 1 Cobblestone [see fuel].
- Place the Frying Dish and the Dome Cover on your COBB Cooker and let it heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut the apples in half and remove the core.
- Combine the butter with the sugar and cinnamon and coat the halved apples with it.
- Add the rum-soaked raisins into the center of the apples and wrap in double tin foil packages and place into the moat.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until a skewer slides through the apples easily.
- You can do this while making the Crème Anglaise.
- In the COBB Frying Dish, heat the cream and while stirring with a wooden spoon, add the vanilla pod.
- In a bowl, whisk 4 egg yolks with the white sugar until smooth.
- When the cream starts to form bubbles around the edges (close to boiling), slowly pour it into the egg yolks, whisking constantly to avoid scrambled egg lumps.
- Pour the mixture back into the COBB Frying Dish and continue to cook, whisking often, until it thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Enjoy poured over the warm apples.
COBB Cooker 2 year Limited Warranty
If inspection confirms that it is defective in material or workmanship, COBB International (Pty) Limited will provide free replacement of parts or exchange a new COBB cooker. Any local or international transport charges will be for account of the consignee.
This warranty is void if:
- The COBB Cooker is explicitly or implicitly modified, tampered with, altered or repaired in any way by persons other than authorized representatives or COBB international (Pty) Limited.
- The COBB Cooker has been damaged through misuse, negligence accident, or natural calamities.
- The COBB Cooker has not been after use.
For further information under this warranty, please contact your local COBB dealer.
Always retain your proof purchase.
COBB SPICY BAKED APPLES WITH RUM-SOAKED RAISINS AND CRÈME ANGLAISE Compatable Accessories