PRIME RIB ROAST WITH ANCHOVY BUTTER
- Prepare and light your COBB Cooker with 1 CobbleStone [see fuel].
- Place the Grill Grid and the Dome Cover on your COBB Cooker and let it heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Chop up the anchovies and parsley and mix with the butter (room temperature).
- Add the lemon zest and mix through.
- Roll out some cling film and scoop the butter onto it in the shape of a log.
- Roll up the ‘log’ and tear off the cling film.
- Holding both ends tightly, roll the ‘log’ forward on the work surface and you will see it tighten up and round off nicely.
- Keep rolling until you have a nice shape, then tie off the ends and pop it in the fridge or icebox to set.
- Rub the entire roast with olive oil and then the spice rub, make sure you get it in all the nooks and crannies.
- I add a little water to the moat to keep things moist in the beginning.
- A 4kg roast should take roughly 3.5 to 4 hours to cook, so you will either need a second CobbleStone ready to go after 2 hours, or you need to get some charcoal ready before that point.
- Place the roast on the Fenced Roasting Rack, bone side down and cover with the Dome Cover.
TIP: Don’t wait until the two hour mark to start preparing your coals. (If you don’t have a second CobbleStone) the meat will cool down way too much while you wait.
- Remove the Dome Cover. Lift the rib roast, Fenced Roast Rack and Grill Grid in one go.
- Place the Dome Cover over the roast to keep it warm while you switch the CobbleStone or add more prepped coals.
- Don’t forget to let the CobbleStone turn grey before you return the roast and cook for a further 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
NOTE: The meat should rest, wrapped loosely in some tin foil for at least half an hour.
To serve, remove the anchovy butter from the cling film and cut into slices. Carve the prime rib roast and enjoy.
COBB Cooker 2 year Limited Warranty
If inspection confirms that it is defective in material or workmanship, COBB International (Pty) Limited will provide free replacement of parts or exchange a new COBB cooker. Any local or international transport charges will be for account of the consignee.
This warranty is void if:
- The COBB Cooker is explicitly or implicitly modified, tampered with, altered or repaired in any way by persons other than authorized representatives or COBB international (Pty) Limited.
- The COBB Cooker has been damaged through misuse, negligence accident, or natural calamities.
- The COBB Cooker has not been after use.
For further information under this warranty, please contact your local COBB dealer.
Always retain your proof purchase.
COBB PRIME RIB ROAST WITH ANCHOVY BUTTER Compatable Accessories