PEPPERED BEEF FILLET WITH POTATOES AND CREAMY MUSHROOMS
- Prepare and light your COBB Cooker with 1 CobbleStone [see fuel].
- Place the Frying Dish and the Dome Cover on your COBB Cooker and let it heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, cover halfway with water and add a generous pinch of salt.
- Cover with the Dome Cover and let the potatoes cook until tender, it should take about 35-40 minutes. Drain them.
- Place the Griddle and Dome Cover onto your COBB Cooker and let it heat up for 5 minutes.
- Bash the rub ingredients together with a pestle and mortar and rub all over the beef.
- Oil and place the beef fillet onto the Griddle to sear and brown all sides of the meat. This takes approximately 10-15 minutes. Don’t turn too often.
- Mix the rosemary and salt for the potatoes together and rub over them, add an extra drizzle of olive oil into the moat and spread them out evenly inside the moat.
- Replace the Griddle with the Grill Grid and Fenced Roast Rack and place the fillet onto it.
- Cover with the Dome Cover and allow the fillet to roast for about 20-25 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove meat from the COBB Cooker, cover with foil and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Leave the potatoes covered in the moat until browned and crispy.
- Place the Frying Dish and the Dome Cover on your COBB Cooker and let it heat up for at least 5 minutes while the potatoes are still in the moat (if they are not crispy yet).
- Heat the butter and sauté the mushrooms until softened and browned. Add the sherry and simmer for a minute.
- Add the cream and garlic and simmer until reduced – it will take some time +/- 20-30 minutes. Season to taste.
- Slice the rested meat and serve with the roasted crushed potatoes and sauce.
- Enjoy with a crisp fresh salad.
PLEASE NOTE: The COBB Supreme does not come with a Frying Dish accessory and therefore you will not be able to boil the potatoes and make the mushroom sauce.
COBB Cooker 2 year Limited Warranty
If inspection confirms that it is defective in material or workmanship, COBB International (Pty) Limited will provide free replacement of parts or exchange a new COBB cooker. Any local or international transport charges will be for account of the consignee.
This warranty is void if:
- The COBB Cooker is explicitly or implicitly modified, tampered with, altered or repaired in any way by persons other than authorized representatives or COBB international (Pty) Limited.
- The COBB Cooker has been damaged through misuse, negligence accident, or natural calamities.
- The COBB Cooker has not been after use.
For further information under this warranty, please contact your local COBB dealer.
Always retain your proof purchase.
COBB PEPPERED BEEF FILLET WITH POTATOES AND CREAMY MUSHROOMS Compatable Accessories