CHILLI CON CARNE
- Prepare and light your COBB Cooker with 1 CobbleStone [see fuel].
- Place the Frying Dish and the Dome Cover on your COBB Cooker and let it heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in the Frying Dish. Add the onions and garlic and fry for about 10 minutes with the lid on until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Mix the cumin, coriander, paprika and chilli into the mince and add to the onions in the pan, stir, making sure to break up any lumps.
- Fry for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Keep the lid on to maintain a high temperature.
- Add the carrot and red pepper and fry for another 5 minutes with the Dome Cover off.
- Pop in the tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, vinegar, lemon, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine and add more seasoning to taste.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, then cook for about 20-30 minutes with the Dome Cover off, stirring every now and then to make sure it doesn’t burn on the bottom.
- Remove from the COBB Cooker and serve straight from the pan with sour cream or full fat plain yoghurt and fresh coriander.
PS – The dish does not need them but serving it with corn chips adds great texture and a slightly more hands on approach to eating this super tasty dish.
COBB Cooker 2 year Limited Warranty
If inspection confirms that it is defective in material or workmanship, COBB International (Pty) Limited will provide free replacement of parts or exchange a new COBB cooker. Any local or international transport charges will be for account of the consignee.
This warranty is void if:
- The COBB Cooker is explicitly or implicitly modified, tampered with, altered or repaired in any way by persons other than authorized representatives or COBB international (Pty) Limited.
- The COBB Cooker has been damaged through misuse, negligence accident, or natural calamities.
- The COBB Cooker has not been after use.
For further information under this warranty, please contact your local COBB dealer.
Always retain your proof purchase.
COBB CHILLI CON CARNE Compatable Accessories