- 1 pineapple
- skewer sticks
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C water
- 1 T ginger
- 1/2 chilli deseeded
- 2 T honey
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C fresh fennel
- Light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes in the Cobb Cooker.
- To make the fennel sugar combine sugar and fennel in a blender and blend until combined. Put aside.
- Cut the pineapple into chunks and put 3-4 pieces on each skewer.
- Place the Frying Dish on the Cobb Cooker and close the Dome Cover. Leave it for at least 5 minutes until it has heated up.
- To make the ginger syrup place the sugar, water, chilli, ginger and honey into the Frying Dish and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer gently until the sugar syrup thickens. Pour the syrup over the skewers leaving some aside for serving.
- Remove the Frying Dish and place the Griddle on the Cobb Cooker and close the Dome Cover. Leave it for at least 5 minutes until it has heated up.
- Place the skewers onto the Griddle. Grill on each side for 2 minutes until caramelised.
- Serve with a generous sprinkling of fragrant fennel sugar, a simple but impressive dessert.