- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp HP sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- salt & ground black pepper
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 deboned butterﬂied leg of lamb (about 1.3kg)
- For the moat: 1 cup lamb or beef stock
- For the marinade, mix all the ingredients except the last two.
- Place the lamb in a dish, pour the marinade over it, then let it stand for one hour.
- Prepare the COBB.
- Pour the stock into the moat.
- Place the grill over the heat, lightly rubbed with oil.
- Seal both sides of the leg of lamb in frying pan and place on roasting rack.
- Cook for 1½ hours with the lid on, turning the meat every 30 minutes.
- Once the meat is ready, let it stand for ﬁve minutes before carving it.
Scoop the stock out of the moat, add the remaining marinade and bring it to the boil, adding 1 tablespoon of mint jelly to it. Thicken in the small COBB pan.