Makes about 12 fritters
- 1 can creamed sweetcorn
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 packet streaky bacon
- Honey or maple syrup
- Oil for cooking
- Light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes in the Cobb Cooker.
- Place the Frying Pan on the Cobb Cooker and leave it for at least 5 minutes until it has heated up.
- Combine the sweetcorn and flour in a bowl and season with a pinch of salt.
- Glug a little oil on the Frying Pan and cook the bacon until crispy – about 20 minutes. Cover with foil and set aside.
- Spoon the batter onto the Frying Pan with the lovely bacon fat on it. Each fritter should be a heaped tablespoon and make sure to spread them a little to cook evenly.
- Let them brown on one side before you turn them. Bubbles should come up through the fritter and then you know its time to turn (about 8-10 minutes a side).
- On turning, press them down in the centre for even cooking.
- When they are done, plate them with the crispy bacon, drizzle with honey or maple syrup and enjoy.