Makes 1 roll
- 250g butter, room temperature
- Handful thyme, chopped
- Handful parsley, chopped
- Handful rosemary, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and black pepper
- Finely chop all your fresh herbs and set aside.
- Crush 1 clove of garlic and zest 1 lemon.
- Combine the fresh herbs, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper with the soft butter and mix well.
- Lay out a piece of clingfilm on your kitchen counter and spoon the butter horizontally across the clingfilm.
- Roll the clingfilm up tightly so that you make a compact sausage shape. Twist the ends and store in the fridge for 1 hour or 2 until set.
- Slice into fragrant rounds and serve on anything from meat, fish and chicken, to bread and potatoes.