- 4 fat slices of beef fillet
- 250ml cream
- 3 T green peppercorns in brine
- 1 splash brandy (optional)
- Fresh tomatoes
- Long stemmed broccoli
- Salt & black pepper
- Light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes in the Cobb Cooker.
- Place the Frying Dish onto the Cobb Cooker and let it heat up for at least 5 minutes. It must be very hot.
- Salt and pepper the fillets on both sides and add a good splash of oil to the Frying Dish.
- Pan-fry the fillets making sure to let them colour nicely, about 8 minutes each side. They should be medium rare but it does depend on the size and thickness of your steaks.
- Set them aside to rest.
- Pour a good splash of brandy into the Frying Dish and then add the peppercorns and the cream. Let this simmer for about 15 minutes, season to taste. Cover and set aside.
- Place the Griddle onto the Cobb Cooker and cook the tomatoes and broccoli for a few minutes, turning every now and again (about 8-10 minutes).
- Place the Frying Dish back onto the Cobb Cooker while you plate your dish and then pour over the hot, creamy sauce just before serving.