Makes 20 skewers
- Bread dough (go to the recipe)
- Smoked paprika
- 100g pecorino, grated
- 20 skewers
- 1 egg
- Make the bread dough (go to the recipe).
- Place in a greased bowl cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place until it has doubled in bulk. (about 1 hour).
- Knock back the dough and knead again to make sure all air is knocked out.
- Shape 20 thin sausages and then press each one flat.
- Sprinkle each with Pecorino (or your favourite cheese), smoked paprika (plain paprika works well too), salt and pepper.
- Wind each sausage around a skewer starting at the top and slowly winding the dough all the way to the bottom. Cover with a damp cloth and allow to prove for another 20 minutes while you light the Cobb.
- Light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes in the Cobb Cooker.
- Place the Grill Grid and the Fenced Roast Rack onto the Cobb Cooker and close the Dome Cover.
- Lightly grease the Roast Rack and arrange the skewers so that they are not touching. Place the Dome Cover onto the Cobb and bake for 10-15 minutes on each side until beautifully golden.